After 4 courses, we've somehow avoided the hottest buzzwords in REST:
Hypermedia and HATEOAS. These can make your API awesome, or could bring
you to your knees with fuzzy details, missing best practices and complexity.
Let's make our API awesome:
- Linking to Resources (and Hypermedia) without hating it
- Controlling your JSON fields with VirtualProperty and SerializedName
- Customizing your input field names with property_path
- The wonderful HATEOAS php library
- HAL+JSON... and whether you want to use it or not
- Subordinate resources!
- Handle ugly, non-RESTful, weird endpoints with some swagger