Welcome back for part 4 of our Starting in Symfony2 series! We've got
some really important topics planned and we're going to start with mastering
assets and the Assetic library. We'll bust cache, minimize our CSS & JS
files and get you ready to do just about anything with your static assets.
We'll also dive much deeper into form rendering - customizing our forms
to work with Twitter Bootstrap and learning a lot more about the powerful
and advanced mechanisms behind form theming. Finally, we'll cover deployment:
what steps are always necessary and some options for automating the process.
Let's do this!
- The Twig asset function
- More about Dependency Injection Parameters and the purpose of parameters.yml
- Cache busting with assets_version and assets_version_format
- Introduction to Assetic
- Assetic filters, including cssrewrite, cssmin and the apply_to option
- Dumping assets in the prod and dev environments and the secret of turning use_controllers to false
- The basics of form customization and theming
- FormView "variables" - what they are and how you can use them to do just about anything while customizing how a form renders
- Using the finishView to control FormView "variables"
- The steps and best practices for deployment with tips on automating the process